Saturday, November 12, 2011

Can "GOD" desert us?


It is natural for most people to wonder at times whether MAA has deserted them. We even react with Anger. You must have heard of Ninda Studhi where the poet abuses God. A child gets angry with its mother when it is refused something. It even accuses the mother of desertion. But when the anger passes it comes back to the mother. So do we.

In Tamil there is a song by Barathiar, which goes as under:

மிடிமையும் அச்சமும் மேவி என் நெஞ்சில் குடிமை புகுந்தன
கொன்றவை போக்கு என்று

நின்னை சரணைடைந்தேன், கண்ணம்மா

தன் செயல் எண்ணி தவிப்பது தீர்த்திங்கு, நின் செயல் செய்து
நிறைவு பெறும் வண்ணம்

நின்னை சரணைடைந்தேன், கண்ணம்மா

நல்லது தீயது நாமறியோம், அன்னை, நல்லது நாட்டுக, தீமையை ஓட்டுக

நின்னை சரணைடைந்தேன், கண்ணம்மா

This means

MAA I am beset with cowardice and fear , remove these

I surrender to you

Instead of worrying over the consequences of my action, please take your action to make my life whole.

I surrender to you

I do not know what is good and what is bad. Please establish good  things and drive away bad things.

I surrender to you.

The poet addresses Devi as Kannamma that is Krishna as MAA.

This is my Daily prayer. If we develop this attitude then the question of MAA deserting us will never rise in our mind.

Jai MAA KAALI !!!

Sankar

1 comment:

  1. நன்றி. நெஞ்சில் என பிழையை மாற்றவும். _/\_

    ReplyDelete