Friday, September 28, 2012

Internet and Computers

I thought it is time that I posted about my hobby/obsession. Computers.

1997 - Got my first personal Computer. Started learning about Software and Hardware.

         - Got the Internet connection. VSNL had a monopoly then. The first email address was viswanat@md2.vsnl.net.in

Started learning about Web Design. Attended a comprehensive course on Computers. Quite expensive. About Rs.35000 if I remember correctly. Learnt C, C++, Visual Basic, Oracle programming. The idea of the course was to prepare people for Software jobs in U.S. Visual Basic or Oracle Administration. Almost all the people who attended the course did their certification and left for U.S.

This was a full time course and I took off for three months from my job.

My idea was to go on Oracle Financials or SAP.

Then I found that I was not very happy or contented in coding. 

But I started loving Computers and started devouring books on Hardware and Web Design.

2001 - Put up the first Web site. http://hindusaktha.freeservers.com
Bought a Scanner to scan images and upload them to the web site. 

Put up a site for the inauguration of Shandhashramam at Chennai. Swamiji liked it and asked me to proceed. 

I became a Hindu Evangelist.

Started posting regularly in Yahoo Clubs.

The Yahoo Clubs then became Yahoo Groups.

Started my own Yahoo Groups. 

This was a hectic period when I was posting almost daily to the Yahoo Groups. Some times more than one post per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment